New Year's Resolutions

Let's talk about New Year's Resolutions.... Dun Dunn DUNNNN. 


New Year's Resolutions don't have to be scary, they can be fun! I LOVE setting my goals for the year and seeing what I can achieve. New Year's Resolutions also DON'T have to be weight related, you can make any goals you have a resolution. BUT your goals you set SHOULD be S.M.A.R.T.

S.M.A.R.T. stands for SpecificMeasurableAchievableRealistic, & Timely. The image below is a great reminder! Using the acronym to help you create your goals is important because it just could make you create goals that are actually attainable! 


Example of a not-so smart goal: I want to lose 100lbs in the first week of January. Why is this not SMART? The goal is specific, measurable, and timely. BUT it is not achievable and realistic. Your goal needs to have all 5 aspects to be a SMART goal. 



Example of a SMART Goal: I want to lose 100lbs by January of 2022 by changing my lifestyle. I want to exercise 2-3 times per week and learn how to change my eating habits so that I am getting the nutrients my body needs from whole foods. 



Another Example of a SMART Goal: I want to learn more in 2021, I will read 12 books this year. I will read 1 book per month to attain this goal. 



Now you try! Write down 1-2 SMART goals that you want to accomplish in 2021, and if you complete them quick enough you could even add more before the year ends! It's never a bad time to crush your goals, BE A #GOALGETTER!



Happy New Year! Good luck on your goals!
- Britt

Comments

Popular Posts